The Capital Irish Film Festival (CIFF) is dedicated to the showcasing of contemporary Irish arts. CIFF is the largest Irish film festival in the United States and shows more Irish language films than any American film festival. Since 2005, Solas Nua has sought to introduce new Irish filmmakers to American audiences with feature films, documentaries, shorts and animation.
Submit a Film
SUBMIT FILMS to the 12th Capital irish Film Festival by September 30, 2017
This notice is our call for submissions of films by or about the Irish and Ireland for consideration for the 12th Capital Irish Film Festival (CIFF). The festival, scheduled for March 1-4, 2018, will take place at the American Film Institute’s Silver Theatre in Silver Springs, Md.
CIFF accepts shorts and feature-length films, including documentary, animation, experimental and narrative film.
Submission is free, but must be done using this form and providing a link for screening of the film through vimeo or YouTube.
Click HERE to submit
If you have problems with the submission form, contact us at CIFF@Solasnua.org
Rules and regulations
1. There are no submission fees; the festival does not pay screening fees for titles that have been submitted through this process.
2. The final deadline for the festival's office to receive the required submission material(s) is on or before Sept. 30, 2017. Selections will be made by December 2018 and accepted films will be notified. The festival gives priority to U.S. premieres.
3. Irish language films are welcome. Submissions and screeners must contain English subtitles.
4. If selected, the film’s contact person will be told the date at which prints must be delivered to the festival. The sender must meet the cost of shipping to the festival. The festival will pay for one-way return shipping, but not for express shipping. All prints will be returned or shipped to another festival during the week following the close of the festival.
5. The participating filmmakers agree that up to three minutes of their film (visual or audio) may be used by the festival in promotional activities.
6. This year, for the first time, CIFF will grant awards for the following categories:
Best Feature Best Short
Best Documentary Audience Favorite
7. If your film is accepted to screen at the festival, we will require a screening copy that must be one of the following 5 formats: 35mm / DigiBeta / HD Cam / Blu-ray / DCP. WE DO NOT SCREEN FROM DVD.